Balbharti Maharashtra State Board Class 7 History Solutions Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Notes, Textbook Exercise Important Questions and Answers.
Maharashtra State Board Class 7 History Solutions Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler
Class 7 History Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Textbook Questions and Answers
1. Find it from the chapter:
Std 7 History Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Question 1.
Grave dangers in the life of Shivaji Maharaj.
- The meeting with Afzalkhan.
- The siege of Panhala.
- The attack on Shaistakhan.
- The escape from Agra.
Class 7 History Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Question 2.
They risked their life at the time when the Maharaj escaped from Agra.
(a) Hiroji Farjand
(b) Madari Meheter
An Ideal Ruler Std 7 Questions And Answers Question 3.
What warning did Shivaji Maharaj issue to the Deshmukh of Rohida Valley?
Maharaj warned the Deshmukh of the Rohida Valley not to fail in his duty to the ryot.
An Ideal Ruler Std 7 Question Answer Question 4.
What inspiration can future generations draw ‘ from the life of Shivaji Maharaj?
The future generation will continue to draw inspiration from the work of Shivaji Maharaj, who laid the foundation of Swaraj and turning ,
it into Surajya, as an ideal and a source of inspiration.
2. Write about it in your own words:
8. An Ideal Ruler Question 1.
the Deshmukh to avoid any loss of the ryot?
- Maharaj warned the Deshmukh of the Rohida Valley not to fail in his duty to the Ryot.
- He told him to visit every village and shift people to a safe place down the ghats.
- He strictly told him not to delay even for a moment.
An Ideal Ruler Std 7 Question 2.
How do we know that his religious policy was that of tolerance?
(i) The Maharaj had to struggle against the Islamic rulers such the Adilshahi, the Mughals and the Siddis. But he considered the Muslims in Swaraj as his own people.
(ii) While meeting Afzalkhan, Siddi Ibrahim was a servant in his army.
(iii) Siddi Hilal was a soldier in the army.
(iv) Daulatkhan was an important officer in his navy.
(v) During the campaign, the soldiers were instructed not to harm a mosque. If they came in possession of a copy of the Holy Quran, they should hand over the same with due respect to a Muslim.
An Ideal Ruler Question Answer Question 3.
Explain Shivaji Maharaj’s policy regarding the army.
- There was strict discipline in the army.
- The soldiers were paid salaries regularly.
- They were paid cash and not jagirs.
- There was a strict order to the army that the valuable collected from the enemy territories were to be deposited with the government.
- Soldiers were honoured for their bravery.
- Maintenance of the families of soldiers who died in battles were looked after.
- He took care of the wounded soldiers and the enemy soldiers who had surrendered.
3. Give one word for:
8.An Ideal Ruler Question 1.
An important officer in the navy of Swaraj.
An Ideal Ruler Question 2.
A Tamil poet who composed a poem on Shivaji Maharaj.
An Ideal Ruler Std 7 Chapter 8 Question 3.
Created an independent kingdom in Bundelkhand.
8 An Ideal Ruler Std 7 Question 4.
He composed Powadas on the greatness of Shivaji Maharaj.
Mahatma Jyotirao Phule
- Tell how you help your friend in his need.
- List the places named after famous personalities.
Class 7 History Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler InText Questions and Answers
Can you tell?
How is the waste in your area managed?
(i) Recycling: The waste materials such as old newspaper pieces of glass, bottles, empty tins are sold and later are used by recycling it.
(ii) Many NGOs are working for waste management. They are helping the rag pickers to collect the recycling waste from the door steps, rather than collecting from the soil in the bad and dirty condition.
Creating Awareness for waste management.
- Use cloth bags instead of plastic.
- Bye food that has less packaging.
- Reduce paper usage.
- Separating the dry and the wet waste in separate bins.
State the name of the machinery that looks after waste management.
BMC: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation.
Think about it:
Why is it necessary to grow trees?
- Trees are very important on this planet.
- They give us oxygen, store carbon.
- They stabilise the soil and gives life.
- They absorb carbon dioxide and harmful gases such as sulphur dioxide, carbon monoxide from air.
- They provide habitat and food for birds and other animals.
- They provide us the materials for tools and shelter
Class 7 History Chapter 8 An Ideal Ruler Additional Important Questions and Answers
Complete the sentence by choosing the appropriate word from the options given below:
______ was an important officer in the navy of the Swaraj. (Daulatkhan, Siddi Hilal, Tanaji Malusare)
The Maharaj inspired _______ to create an independent kingdom in Bundelkhand. (Chhatrasal, Jim Mahal, Daulatkhan)
_______ was a Sardar in the army of the Maharaj. (Siddi Ibrahim, Siddi Hilal, Daulatkhan)
______ has written a book about the greatness of Maharaj. (Pandit fawaharlal Nehru, Kahfikhan, Lala Lajpatrai)
__________ sacrificed his life while conquering Sinhagad. (Hiroji Farjand, Jiva Mahal, Tanaji Malusare)
________ crossed the sledge of Panhalagad in disguise of Shivaji Maharaj. (kind, cash, gold)
Maharaj made arrangements to pay the salaries of soldiers in _______ (Shiva Kashid, Tanaji Malusare, Kanhoji)
_______ described in his powadas the greatness of Shivaji Maharaj. (Lokmanya Tilak, Mahatma jyotirao Phule, Lola Lajpatrai)
Mahatma Jyotirao Phule
Give one word for:
Built sea forts and created a navy.
Written long poem on Maharaj.
Vishwakavi Rabindranath Tagore.
Answer in one or two sentences each:
Which powers ruled over Maharashtra before the foundation of Swaraj?
Adilshahi, the Portuguese and Mughal powers ruled over Maharashtra.
Which four major dangers did Shivaji Maharaj face?
(a) Meeting with Afzalkhan
(b) Siege of Panhala
(c) Attack on Shaistakhan
(d) Escape from Agra
What had Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru said about Shivaji Maharaj?
“The Maharaj did not belong to Maharashtra alone, he belonged to the whole Indian nation”, was said by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
What shows that Shivaji Maharaj was a great environmentalist?
(a) The garbage in his fort was burnt in an allotted space.
(b) Even vegetables had to be grown on its ash. These lines show that Shivaji Maharaj was a great environmentalist.
Mention few qualities of Shivaji Maharaj.
Shivaji Maharaj had innumerable qualities like leadership, management, foresight, political diplomacy, military administration, loyalty towards truth and justice, etc.
Which actions of Shivaji Maharaj prove that he was a pioneer of a new era?
Maharaj established Swaraj while fighting against many enemies. This action itself proves that he was a pioneer of a new era.
What did Shivaji Maharaj aim to establish?
Shivaji Maharaj aimed at establishing and maintaining an independent and sovereign existence, that did not accept the dominance of any power.
What was deeply installed in Shivaji Maharaj’s mind?
The teachings of his parents towards the establishmnet of Swaraj and ethics were deeply instilled in his mind.
How did Tagore see Shivaji Maharaj’s efforts of founding Swaraj?
Tagore saw his efforts on founding Swaraj as efforts for realizing a noble cause.
Find it from the chapter:
What advice did Shivaji Maharaj give theageing Kanhoji when he fell ill?
When the ageing Kanhoji fell ill, Maharaj told him not to neglect his medicines or treatment on any account.
Write about the following in your own words:
What inspiration can you draw from Shivaji Maharaj’s life?
(i) Future generation will continue to look upon the work of Shivaji Maharaj of founding the Swaraj and turning it into Surajya as an ideal and a source of inspiration.
(ii) Shivaji Maharaj was a great National Hero.
(iii) All Indian languages have works that talk about him as an ideal ruler and a source of inspiration.
Organisational skills of the Maharaj.
The organisational skills of the Maharaj were unparallel and for this he had his royal associates.
- Jiva Mahala killed Sayyid Banda during the meeting with Afzalkhan.
- Bajiprabhu Deshpande blocked the advances of the enemy on the way to Vishalgad.
- Murarbaji Deshpande defended the fort of Purandar.
- Tanaji Malusare sacrificed his life while conquering Sinhagad.